Day 1: Wednesday, October 24
Arrival at Frankfurt Airport (FRA) and rental car pick-up.
- English city guided tour including a visit to Luther House.
- Themed dinner at Luther House – a guide in period costume will host you and 10 guests and tell authentic stories about Luther between the courses.
Overnight at Luther House in Schmalkalden where Martin Luther lived as guest in 1537.
Day 2: Thursday, October 25
Eisenach and Wartburg Castle
- Visit the half-timbered Luther House where Luther lived while he studied at the Latin school.
- Classy lunch at the four-star Steigenberger Hotel Thüringer Hof.
- Exclusive English guided tour of Wartburg Castle where Luther translated the New Testament into German.
- Enjoy a cozy dinner at the Lutherstuben at the Hotel Eisenacher Hof with music, juggling, and jests before and after dinner, as in medieval times.
Overnight directly at Wartburg Castle, at the 5-star Romantik Hotel Wartburg in Eisenach.
Day 3: Friday, October 26
- Exclusive English city tour of Erfurt, including the famous Augustinian monastery where the reformer served as a monk, St. Mary’s cathedral where Luther was ordained a priest, and a walk on the Merchants’ bridge, Europe’s finest example of a medieval inhabited bridge.
- Lunch in an authentic German restaurant in the heart of the city.
- Visit and take a private tour of the brand new Digital Showroom of Thuringia.
- Dinner in a cozy traditional restaurant.
Overnight directly at the original Augustinian monastery, Erfurt.
Day 4: Saturday, October 27
- English guided tour of the UNESCO World Heritage City Weimar, where you will come across more than 16 UNESCO sites, including palaces, Goethe’s residence and Schiller’s residence.
- Visit the impressive Duchess Anna Amalia Library, which houses a collection of literature and documents dating from the 9th to the 21st century.
- Enjoy a quick lunch: Taste your very first original German bratwurst (sausage) at Weimar Market.
- Visit the late Gothic town church of St. Peter and Paul, also called “Herder Church”, with its fascinating Cranach triptych altarpiece.
- Dinner at a local restaurant in Weimar.
Overnight at the Weimar Grand Hotel Russischer Hof, a four-star superior hotel.
Day 5: Sunday October, 28
- Pass by the lovely churches and visit fascinating museums during the English guided tour of Lutherstadt Eisleben.
- Wine tasting at winery Rollsdorfer Mühle including typical seasonal onion pie
- Visit the two popular churches: Market Church and Halle Cathedral.
- Dinner at a restaurant in Halle.
Overnight at a comfortable hotel in Halle (Saale).
Day 6: Monday, October 29
- Admission to the Francke Foundations, which had sent Henry Melchior Muhlenberg to Pennsylvania to found the first Lutheran church in America.
- Lunch at the local resturant Hoflieferant.
- English tour by a guide in period costume through the town, including a visit to the Green Citadel of Magdeburg.
- Visit St. John’s Church where Luther preached about “true and false righteousness”.
Overnight at a comfortable hotel in Magdeburg
Day 7: Tuesday, October 30
- Visit Luther House, once home to Martin Luther and his family for many years.
- Guided tour of Lutherstadt Wittenberg, the cradle of the Reformation, including the theses door at Castle Church, Melanchthon House, St. Mary’s Town Church and the Cranach Houses and Courtyards.
- Entrance to the Asisi Panorama “Luther 1517”, a 360° display of Wittenberg in the times of the Reformation, giving you an impression of the atmosphere then from dawn till dusk.
- Dinner in the authentic brewery Restaurant Brauhaus Wittenberg, including a German beer tasting session.
Overnight at the Luther-Hotel in Lutherstadt Wittenberg.
Day 8: Wednesday, October 31
- It’s Reformation Day! Today is your trip’s highlight: Dive into the Reformation Festival.
- Attend the English worship service with pastor Robert Moore in the afternoon and take the opportunity to chat with the American Pastor and other attendees.
Overnight at the Luther-Hotel in Lutherstadt Wittenberg
Day 9: Thursday, November 1
Drive to Berlin and return the rental car. Flights depart from Berlin Airport (TXL ).